Forum Replies Created
G_Hogarth November 8, 2013 at 5:51 pm
Reply To: Cannot paste into XMetaLNovember 8, 2013 at 5:51 pmParticipants 0Replies 2Last Activity 9 years, 3 months ago
Huge props to our IT chap, who reasoned out that it was an overly-paranoid setting on my anti-virus/firewall application (Webroot SecureAlways) that was blocking the paste action in XMetaL. Changing the XMetaL entries in WebRoot from “monitor” to “allow” has reenabled pasting. Annoying, in that I thought that saying “Yes, I permit this application” would in fact, you know, *permit* the application!
So all is good. (Other than the bruise on my forehead from banging it on the desk….)G_Hogarth November 7, 2013 at 3:25 pm
Reply To: Cannot paste into XMetaLNovember 7, 2013 at 3:25 pmParticipants 0Replies 2Last Activity 9 years, 3 months ago
Well.. premature celebrations.
- Yes, I was able to copy and paste before.
- Yes, copy and paste works fine in all other applications tested. (Frame Maker, Acrobat Pro, Word, Excel, Notepad ++, …)
- No, I have not installed any other applications (except for the delete/reinstall as noted below).
- Yes, I have rebooted the computer.
- Yes, I have tried starting with the Ctrl key pressed.
- Yes, I have tried multiple files, including ones that are not in the repository.
- I have tried to copy and paste from XMetaL to XMetaL (in the same file) and from a text editor (Notepad ++).
- Running XMetal by itself (but with the SDL applications installed) does not permit pasting.
- I can copy from XMetaL and paste into other applications.
- I tried the process of renaming the C:Users
AppDataRoamingSoftQuadXMetaL directory, then while holding down Ctrl, launching XMetaL. Kept the Ctrl key depressed until XMetaL fully launched.
- I have tried running XMetaL as explicit administrator.
I have done a complete deinstall and deletion of the obvious SDL/XMetaL directories, and then cleaned the registry before reinstalling the Publication Manager, then XMetaL, then Condition Manager, then Authoring Bridge (in that order, and using *only* the default settings/options)
One note: The deinstall/reinstall did not seem to wipe out the pointers for the repositories.
The only applications running simultaneously are Microsoft Lync, Outlook, and Internet Explorer, Webroot SecureAnywhere, Malwarebytes AntiMalware, Skype, and CrashPlan. OS is Win 7 Pro 64bit, fully patched. I am not running any hotkey substitution or similar apps.G_Hogarth November 1, 2013 at 8:30 pm
Reply To: Cannot paste into XMetaLNovember 1, 2013 at 8:30 pmParticipants 0Replies 2Last Activity 9 years, 3 months ago
My apologies. “Pub Mgr” is SDL Publications Manager. 2011 R2 (9.3.7)
This behavior occurs even when that application is not running.
AFAIK, nobody else seems to be having this problem, so I guess I'm stuck reinstalling yet again. 🙁