General XMetaL Discussion
biswajitsr July 13, 2010 at 1:35 pm
XMetal XMAXJuly 13, 2010 at 1:35 pmParticipants 0Replies 1Last Activity 12 years, 6 months ago
Does XMetal XMAX run on linux server?Derek Read July 13, 2010 at 5:59 pm
Reply to: XMetal XMAXJuly 13, 2010 at 5:59 pm
You cannot run XMAX on a Linux machine unless you install XMAX on that machine inside or using a fully compatible Windows emulator (such as VMWare running a supported Windows version as detailed below). We test Windows only and do not test any emulators.
[quote=XMAX 6.0 Install-Readme.html]Your system must have the following, or higher:
* Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7*, Windows 2008 Server
* Pentium 133 MHz processor
* 128 MB of available RAM (256 MB recommended)
* Color display with a minimum resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher
* 245 MB of available disk space
* Microsoft Internet Explorer, version 6.00.2600.0000
* MSXML v3.0 (Msxml3.dll, version 8.00.7820.0)
* Windows 7 support is pending as only preliminary testing has been completed to date. Although no problems have appeared with XMetaL XMAX under Windows 7, please use XMetaL XMAX at your own risk or check with Customer Support if you have any concerns.
You can host the XMAX cab on any web server and install it from there using the Internet Explorer ActiveX CAB installation method as described in XMetaL Developer's help. See the topic: “[url=http://na.justsystems.com/webhelp/en/xmetaldeveloper/pg/6.0/pg.html#Download%20the%20XMetaL%20XMAX%20CAB%20file]Download the XMetaL XMAX CAB file[/url]”.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.