DITA and XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum DITA and XMetaL Discussion XMetal stopped generating (fixed)

• JoAnne

XMetal stopped generating (fixed)

Participants 4
    Replies 5
    Last Activity 11 years, 8 months ago

XMetaL Author Enterprise 6.0.1.030
    Windows 7

Suddenly when I try to generate DITA output (PDF, HTML, WebHelp) I get the following error:
    DitaRenditionsImpl…loadBatEngine:
    Error code: -2146827859
    Automation server can't create object

and no log file is generated.

Yesterday, everything was fine and I could generate all my files. I haven't made any changes overnight. I tried restarting XMetal, rebooting the computer (soft and hard), and deleting C:UsersmeAppDataRoamingSoftQuadXMetaL SharedDITA-OT. Still no love.

Ideas? Help?

Thanks in advance.

gcrews

Reply to: XMetal stopped generating (fixed)

Are you outputting to a network location?  Make sure you can delete the output folder before you generate output. Someone else might have the file open.  I have gotten that error a couple of times in the past, usually it has to do with a file being locked or open or something.

JoAnne

No, my source files are on a network (no one else uses them), but I'm generating to a local drive.  I'll try deleting the output file anyway, just in case. Thanks.

Derek Read

Part of the program may have been broken, removed, etc. If you are still stuck the next thing I would try would be the “Repair” option in Add or Remove Programs in the Windows Control Panel.

JoAnne

That's exactly what I did… *after* noting and backing up all my customization changes, of course. Worked fine, and I”m happily outputting again.

Thanks, all!

WinstonRV

HI, I'm getting the same error but none of the solutions seems to work. Any more troubleshooting for this ?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support