General XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum General XMetaL Discussion XMetaL localized version

• tmakita

XMetaL localized version

Participants 0
    Replies 1
    Last Activity 10 years, 5 months ago

Hi All,
    I want to know theĀ  XMetaL product strategy for localization versions.

Altova xmlspy is available in English, German, Japanese, and Chinese language versions. Syncro oXygen is available in English, French, German, Dutch, Japanese and Italian versions. However at this moment XMetaL Author 7.0 is available only English.

Yes, they are not the same XML editor. The purpose of the product and function is different. But I think the localization of the software is the key point of world-wide product sale strategy.

One of my Japanese user uses XMetaL Author for their product manual writing for over 25 languages. So it is very strange that XMetaL is used for multi language document authoring however XMetaL product itself is not localized yet.

I hope that XMetaL development team or who is responsible for product localization respond my question.

Regards,

Derek Read

Reply to: XMetaL localized version

German and French localized versions of XMetaL Author Essential 7.0 will be available very soon, possibly within days. We selected these languages and this particular product based mostly on feedback from partners (primarily integrators and resellers).

We don't feel there is enough demand in the market to warrant creating localized versions of XMetaL Author Enterprise at this time (this is also why we do not have plans to release a Japanese version of XMetaL Author Enterprise 7.0 even though we did a Japanese 6.0 release).

Please contact our marketing and sales teams directly (doing this though the standard partner channel would be best). They would welcome any data you can share with them that shows demand for XMetaL products in specific languages. This data can then be used to decide if it is justifiable to release a particular product in a particular language in the future.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support