General XMetaL Discussion
pterray November 27, 2008 at 3:17 pm
XMetaL for ECMNovember 27, 2008 at 3:17 pmParticipants 0Replies 1Last Activity 14 years, 2 months ago
I am trying to edit information stored in MOSS 2007 (SharePoint). I have seen XMetaL for ECM, but I have not seen any function list or screenshots. Is there a list of function somewhere, or any other solution for this integration ?
Thanks in advance.
PaulSu-Laine Yeo November 28, 2008 at 1:38 am
Reply to: XMetaL for ECMNovember 28, 2008 at 1:38 am
A datasheet for XMetaL, DITA, and Sharepoint is in the works and should be available soon. Here is a feature list:
– From within XMetaL, you can browse and navigate SharePoint libraries to open documents in XMetaL.
– The “Browse” button in DITA dialogs for images, topicrefs, conref/reusable components, xrefs, etc. will bring up a dialog to browse the Sharepoint repository. All features for viewing and updating referenced content work.
– Browse DITA map files using the graphical DITA map editor side panel, and add new or existing DITA topics from your SharePoint repository.
– When you use XMetaL to open a document, it is automatically checked out from SharePoint to ensure that other users cannot accidentally make conflicting changes to the document, and cached on your local machine so you can work with it offline. After making changes, you can check the new version of the file directly back into SharePoint without leaving the XMetaL user interface.
– You can store XMetaL templates on a SharePoint repository and create new documents using those templates.
– Only authenticated users can access documents from your SharePoint repository, and XMetaL respects SharePoint permissions for all content.
– The features for generating DITA output (PDF, HTML, online help, etc.) and for previewing output work when the source files are stored in SharePoint libraries. XMetaL processes links, content references, and all other types of references within and between documents accurately even if team members have updated and checked in new document versions.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.