General XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum General XMetaL Discussion XMetal fails to open DITA files over 500kb?

• gymac

XMetal fails to open DITA files over 500kb?

Participants 2
    Replies 3
    Last Activity 10 years, 6 months ago

Hi all,

I am using XMetal 6.0.2.070, Windows 7, 64bit, to open some existing DITA files.

I just found that for DITA xml files sized over 500kb, XMetal will hang and finally no response and I have to kill the process.

I wonder if there is any workaround for opening relatively large xml files? or is this an issue to be fixed in the next release?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Derek Read

Reply to: XMetal fails to open DITA files over 500kb?

There is no size limitation really, and 500kb is well within the limit of a file that should open quite quickly. I suspect there must be something else inside your file that is triggering this issue. Please send a copy to XMetaL Support so that we an try to reproduce your issue.

Please also note that running the software on 64-bit versions of Windows is not officially supported (that is coming with the 7.0 release).

gymac

Hi Derek,

Thanks for your reply.

I went to the XMetal support forum, but there is no attach option for me to attach the xml file.

Wonder if you have an email or anything that I could email the xml file to? Thanks.

Derek Read

Submit a case (via the support form). You will then obtain a case number and support will verify if you are entitled to support. From that point on all correspondence is via email, to which you can attach files.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support