General XMetaL Discussion

• edgeidc

XMetal documentation

Participants 2
    Replies 3
    Last Activity 12 years, 3 months ago

what are the various files that need to be modified while creating an XML which will have various XFT's embedded in it? I have spent considerable time browsing the web to find some good documentaion about XMetal without much success. Is there any document that outlines these changes in detail which will be helpful for a starter in XMetal? If so, can someone provide that.

Derek Read

Reply to: XMetal documentation

You should probably read the Customization Guide first. It has a lot of information about working with XFTs specifically, as well as information about creating customizations for XMetaL Author in general. If you are modifying or creating XFT forms then I assume you have XMetaL Developer. The Customization Guide is included in the XMetaL Developer help and integrated into the Visual Studio help system.

Otherwise, you can download a copy of the Customization Guide here: http://na.justsystems.com/content-support-user-guides

dcramer

Just curious, is it even possible to use xft forms if you don't have XMetaL Developer? You need the xft form editor, right? Unless you still have a copy of XMetaL 2.x around I guess.

Derek Read

Yes, you really need XMetaL Developer, which is the only product we currently provide that includes the XFLayout tool (or XMetaL Forms Toolkit) used to create and edit XFT forms.

XFT forms created with older versions should be compatible too.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support