General XMetaL Discussion
paorear August 13, 2013 at 7:04 pm
XMetaL Developer 7.0 and Developer SamplesAugust 13, 2013 at 7:04 pmParticipants 4Replies 5Last Activity 9 years, 1 month ago
Hello – we have recently purchased the Developer product and I am getting familiar with the environment in Visual Studio.
1) I have found the Developer Tutorials on the site and have been perusing them, but they reference some sample solutions (e.g. MiniJournalist.sln) which do not appear to be installed with the product, nor seem to be available on the site to download. Am I missing something?
2) The developer add-ins in VS seem to have worked correctly in all versions of VS I have installed with the exception of VS 2012. Has this been tested with 2012? Is there a workaround?
(I should also note that during installation it failed to find my version of IE – 10.0.)
Paul O'RearDerek Read August 13, 2013 at 7:39 pm
Reply to: XMetaL Developer 7.0 and Developer SamplesAugust 13, 2013 at 7:39 pm
1. I'll check on the missing files in 7.0.
2. VS 2012 didn't exist when your release of XMetaL Developer was created (not even in its 2011 form) so no testing was done there. The 8.0 release of XMetaL Developer is being tested on VS versions 2008 through 2012 with emphasis placed on testing with 2012.paorear August 13, 2013 at 8:03 pm
Reply to: XMetaL Developer 7.0 and Developer SamplesAugust 13, 2013 at 8:03 pm
Thanks Derek – re: VS 2012, good catch. Interestingly, it did plug in successfully with VS 2013 Preview!
P.paorear August 13, 2013 at 9:03 pm
Reply to: XMetaL Developer 7.0 and Developer SamplesAugust 13, 2013 at 9:03 pm
I found them – they got installed to the following path, rather than to the %programfiles% path:
P.Derek Read August 13, 2013 at 9:37 pm
Reply to: XMetaL Developer 7.0 and Developer SamplesAugust 13, 2013 at 9:37 pm
Good that you found them. Hopefully there is also a link for the solutions in (Windows) Start > XMetaL > Developer > Samples.paorear August 13, 2013 at 9:51 pm
Reply to: XMetaL Developer 7.0 and Developer SamplesAugust 13, 2013 at 9:51 pm
Yes, thanks. I think the tutorial was written with XP in mind when it was still legal for apps to write in the Program Files folder. In Lesson 2 of the Basic Dev Tutorial, it mentions to open the MiniJournalist.sln file:
“Find the directory in which XMetal is installed, go to Developer>Samples>MiniJournalist, and open the file called MiniJournalist.sln.”
The files are no longer installed at that location, which is what misled me.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.