General XMetaL Discussion

• marcopalos

XMetaL and WPF

Participants 4
    Replies 5
    Last Activity 9 years, 3 months ago

Hi All,
    is it possible to integrate XMetal Auth with and WPF application and run in proc? If so, how can it be done?

Thank you,
    Marco

marcopalos

Reply to: XMetaL and WPF

Or I would need to use XMetaL XMAX?

Derek Read

I'm not sure what integrating XMetaL Author with Windows Presentation Foundation would really mean, but I suspect you really probably want XMAX, since it is an ActiveX control with minimal UI. You would then build most of the UI used to interact with XMAX around it using WPF.

You might try the generic instructions Microsoft has for embedding any ActiveX control into WPF: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms742735.aspx

Note that I have not tried using XMAX in this context, nor has it been tested. XMAX is a standard ActiveX control however, so ideally it should function inside anything that is capable of hosting them.

marcopalos

Got it! Thank you for your quick reply!

marcopalos

BTW, do you guys have a trial version of XMetal XMAX? or a demo site where I can play around it?
    Thanks!

Derek Read

Because it is an ActiveX control and needs to be installed and licensed it would be difficult for us to manage for arbitrary trial use.

We don't offer the trial as a download on our website either but you can get it through our sales team.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support