DITA and XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum DITA and XMetaL Discussion XMetaL 5.5 EE for Documentum Webtop, Possible Bug

• pmasal

XMetaL 5.5 EE for Documentum Webtop, Possible Bug

Participants 2
    Replies 3
    Last Activity 12 years, 6 months ago

We're using XMetaL 5.5 EE for Documentum Webtop, with Documentum 6.5 SP1.

Whenever we select a DCTM virtual document that contains images () for checkout root only, we can check out the object, but not edit it. This occurs when we select the object from the Resource Manager, drag and drop it into the editing pane, or select Checkout first then Edit.

Readonly checkout and edit always worked with XMetaL 5.0. Now with XMetaL 5.5 we get a webtop exception (unable to display error as exception is not set).

Can someone tell me if a patch is available? Thanks.
    Paul

Derek Read

Reply to: XMetaL 5.5 EE for Documentum Webtop, Possible Bug

Note: we're working on this together offline (not much point in posting details here as we progress).
    If something is of general interest to the forum I will post that info back up here.

pmasal

I haven't been able to reproduce this issue. It could have been an issue with network latency. Thanks to the JustSystems folks for checking it out.

pmasal

Unfortunately we continue to experience this error.

When checking out objects that imbed images, root only from Documentum webtop, the first time we try to open them, the images are 0kb in the Documentum view cache. The 2nd time I tried to open it from the file system, it downloaded ok.

For some reason the checkout is not getting the image on the first edit attempt. We get a webtop exception when XMetaL tries to obtain the image. Is there any way we can have a Webex?
    Paul

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support