General XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum General XMetaL Discussion XMAX 7.0.0.116 Author Registration failed.

• kaciak

XMAX 7.0.0.116 Author Registration failed.

Participants 0
    Replies 1
    Last Activity 9 years ago

Hello,

Because of an HDD problem, I have to reinstall windows on one of our employee PC.
    After a fresh install of windows, i then re-install the xmax author 7.0.0.116 on the same and tried to register it with the licence key.
    But the server keep refuse the registration. Have anyone an idea on how to solve this problem?
    The support told me to re-register the XMControl.dll, but it does not fix the problem.

Thanks in advance for the help 🙂

Regards
    Rizki

Derek Read

Reply to: XMAX 7.0.0.116 Author Registration failed.

Presumably this is for a “per seat” registration of XMAX 7.0.

For XMAX, uninstalling also unregisters the software. If you did not do that then the license used by that installation of XMAX is still considered in use and your number of registered seats is probably at maximum, which is probably why additional registrations are failing. Since this is a new installation of Windows it will appear to be a different computer to the licensing server and you cannot fix this issue yourself.

You will need to contact XMetaL Support and provide them with the name of the computer to unregister as well as the company name.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support