General XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum General XMetaL Discussion XFT ListBox sort property setting in XMetaL Developer 7

• stephen.perkins

XFT ListBox sort property setting in XMetaL Developer 7

Participants 1
    Replies 2
    Last Activity 8 years, 2 months ago

I have a form which loads items from a text file on the users computer into a listbox on an xft form. The list is presorted and I'm having difficulty getting the listbox (ListBox1) to respect the sort, which I should be able to do by setting ListBox1.Sort = 0 I believe. Is it restricted to be set in the OnInitialize event? Anywhere I try the form fails to populate the listbox.

Form and sample text list attached. The text list is expected to reside in C:DOCSAuthRecList.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Derek Read

Reply to: XFT ListBox sort property setting in XMetaL Developer 7

The sort property for ListBox1 in the XFT is set to “1 – yes” in the properties for that control. When I set it to “0 – no” the items in that listbox aren't sorted (as you expect I think).

I'm testing with XMetaL Author Enterprise 9.0.0.047 (current release).

If you still can't get it working please let us know your version number from Help > About and the product you are using (XMAX, XMetaL Author Enterprise or XMetaL Author Essential). Perhaps there is an issue with your specific release.

stephen.perkins

Reply to: XFT ListBox sort property setting in XMetaL Developer 7

Well that's humbling. My XMDeveloper cleats have been gathering dust a couple years and I forgot completely to look at the control properties form (red face). Thanks!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support