XMetaL Tips and Tricks
Derek Read November 6, 2008 at 11:17 pm
Workaround: Two Methods for Uninstalling XMAXNovember 6, 2008 at 11:17 pmParticipants 1Replies 0Last Activity 14 years, 2 months ago
XMAX (XMetaL for ActiveX)
XMAX can be installed using two different methods (and for that reason there are two methods for uninstalling).
1) XMAX can be installed by running a *.exe file that launches a standard (InstallShield) installer. In this case XMAX will appear as an application listed in the Windows Control Panel's “Add or Remove Programs” dialog.
2) XMAX can be installed by using Internet Explorer to visit a web page (typically on a web server managed by your organization) that contains HTML code that tells Internet Explorer to download and install a copy of XMAX that is also hosted on that web server. This is the “CAB method of deploying an ActiveX control” and is a unique Internet Explorer feature. This method of deployment is documented in the XMetaL Developer Programmer's Guide under the topics “Developing a HTML-based container application for XMetaL® XMAX™” and “Download the XMetaL® XMAX™ CAB file”.
1) If XMAX has been deployed using the standard installer it will be listed as an application that can be removed in the Windows Control Panel's “Add or Remove Programs” dialog. To uninstall XMAX simply select “XMetaL XMAX
” from the list of applications in “Add or Remove Programs”, select the “Change/Remove” button, and continue with the uninstallation process until it is complete.
2) If XMAX has been deployed using the CAB file method of deployment please consult the Microsoft documentation relevant to your version of Internet Explorer. Microsoft maintains documentation on this topic here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/154850
- How to Remove an ActiveX Control in Windows: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/154850
- Deploying ActiveX Controls on the Web with the Internet Component Download: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms974288.aspx
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.