General XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum General XMetaL Discussion Windows Control Panel ‘Programs and Features’ won’t let me uninstall XMetal 6.0

• nlpharrison

Windows Control Panel ‘Programs and Features’ won’t let me uninstall XMetal 6.0

Participants 1
    Replies 2
    Last Activity 10 years ago

Hi,

I'm trying to uninstall XMetal 6.0.1 in order to install XMetal 7, on a Windows 7 (x64) system.

When I open the 'Control Panel > Programs and  Features' app and select XMetal Enterprise, I don't get the 'uninstall' option, the way I do for other installed programs.  I only get 'Organize' and 'change'.  And if I choose 'change', I get an XMetal app that asks if I want to do maintenance and modify, repair, or change features of the program.  If I select remove and choose the product, it runs, but afterwards, the product is still there on the disk and still showing up on the 'Programs and Features' as installed.
    I know that for XMetal 5.5, there was a special script you had that could remove all the pieces of the product.  Do you have one for 6.0?  If not, what do you recommend that I do?  I've tried manually removing all the pieces ((in Program Files (XMetal & Corel), Common Files, Appdata, and Local Settings, and rebooting; that doesn't work any better.

Thx,
    Nancy

Derek Read

Reply to: Windows Control Panel ‘Programs and Features’ won’t let me uninstall XMetal 6.0

Microsoft offers a solution for situations where the Windows database that keeps track of installed applications gets into an odd state.
    Please try this: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

MrPaul

Reply to: Windows Control Panel ‘Programs and Features’ won’t let me uninstall XMetal 6.0

The MS tool worked for me! Thanks.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support