DITA and XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum DITA and XMetaL Discussion webhelp not using customized css

• JoAnne

webhelp not using customized css

Participants 2
    Replies 3
    Last Activity 8 years, 5 months ago

XMetaL Author Enterprise 9.0.0.024  on Windows 7

I'm generating WebHelp (DITA15 WebHelp output) and the generated pages aren't calling my custom css file.  I edited the deliverable type to include a specific css as well as including the ant params in the Advanced tab:
    ANT_PARAM_args.css  =  guides_style.css
    ANT_PARAM_args.copycss  =  yes

The TOC pane uses the css, but the main html pages don't have a link rel reference to it in the header if I view the source. Do I need to set something else?

UPDATED: the output HTML files now have the link rel to the css. The issue I found is that startcmd.bat is looking for the path to java, which is different on the 64-bit system (DOH).  The HTML files need the css to be copied into each directory (/reference, /task, /concept) though.

Derek Read

Reply to: webhelp not using customized css

This looks like incorrect behaviour to me. Ideally, the CSS file should only be copied once (by the OT) and all links to it should be made relative to that one copy.

Once I can reproduce this I'll log it as a bug.

Derek Read

Not sure when this issue was introduced but it is part of DITA OT 1.8 r2.
    Doesn't make sense to log it as our bug, so I'll check to see if the DITA OT Project is aware of it.

JoAnne

Thanks, Derek, as always!  I'll stop beating my head against the wall wondering what I was doing wrong, then. 🙂

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support