General XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum General XMetaL Discussion Want element list and attribute inspector both visible and docked

• dmurphy

Want element list and attribute inspector both visible and docked

Participants 0
    Replies 1
    Last Activity 6 years, 4 months ago

I upgraded from XMetaL 6 to 9. In version 6, I was able to dock the element list and attribute inspector, but have them both visible at the same time. In version 9, if I dock them, XMetaL provide tabs to select one or the other. I would like them docked,  but have them both visible at the same time, either side-by-side in one on top of the other. Is there a way to do that? I have not been able to figure it out.

Derek Read

Reply to: Want element list and attribute inspector both visible and docked

First “pin” both windows. There is a little thumbtack icon for each window. The window is “pinned” when the point of the thumbtack is facing down and “unpinned” when it is facing left.

Once both windows are pinned you can click on the window title for either the Element List or Attribute Inspector and drag it onto the other window. A diagram should appear that shows the various “docking positions” that are available. Still holding the mouse button down, move over the position you want to dock the window to. The final docked position will be highlighted (probably in blue) as a preview. If that's where you want it to be then let go the mouse button. To preview another position keep the mouse button down and move it over one of the other docking positions before letting go the mouse button.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support