DITA and XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum DITA and XMetaL Discussion using ZapfDingbats font in DITA file

• IF

using ZapfDingbats font in DITA file

Participants 0
    Replies 1
    Last Activity 11 years, 1 month ago

How do I tell XMetal to use a specific font, for example ZapfDingbats, for two specific words inside a topic file?

Presumably, I need to create an xsl attribute set but I don't know how to specify the font – it seems that my only choices for font-family are sans, serif, and monospaced.

I'm using XMetaL Author Enterprise 6.0 SP1 with XMetaL Enhanced PDF output format.

I can see that the ZapfDingbats  font is listed in the fonts-mapping.xml file but I don't know how to specify it in my DITA topic file.

thanks
    Isabelle

Times

AdobeSongStd-Light

KozMinProVI-Regular

AdobeMyungjoStd-Medium

ZapfDingbats

ZapfDingbats

Times
                                   20%
                                   smaller

IF

Reply to: using ZapfDingbats font in DITA file

I am a bit closer thanks to  information gathered here: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dita-users/message/7717
    For example, this is how I changed the symbol used for bullets

1. I defined a logical font “Bullets” in C:Users\[username]AppDataRoamingSoftQuadXMetaL SharedDITA_OTdemoxmfocfgfofont-mappings.xml

ZapfDingbats

2. I inserted a Unicode value for the bullet (a heavy checkmark in this case) in  C:Users[username]AppDataRoamingSoftQuadXMetaL SharedDITA_OTdemoxmfoCustomizationcommonvarsen_US.xml

3. I modified the definition of the attribute set ul.li__label__content in  C:Users[username]AppDataRoamingSoftQuadXMetaL SharedDITA_OTdemoxmfoCustomizationfoxslcustom.xsl

Bullets

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support