General XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum General XMetaL Discussion Unable to cast COM object of type ‘XMetaL.ApplicationClass’ to interface type

• achu

Unable to cast COM object of type ‘XMetaL.ApplicationClass’ to interface type

Participants 0
    Replies 1
    Last Activity 7 years, 10 months ago

is there an API change?

I have been used XMetal.application fine with XMetal 5.5.
    However, i got the exception from .net program at the XMetal 7.

i would like to reference to XMetal application at the VB.net program, for example acquire document name and documentElement.

here is the exception:

Unable to cast COM object of type 'XMetaL.ApplicationClass' to interface type 'XMetaL._Application'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{3BBEE986-742B-11D2-BD0A-00A024C36143}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).

Derek Read

Reply to: Unable to cast COM object of type ‘XMetaL.ApplicationClass’ to interface type

APIs have not changed. In general, unless we specifically deprecate something (which has only occurred once so far, when an entire feature was effectively discontinued due to something outside of our control) existing APIs remain the same with each release.

There are two possibilities that I can think of:

1) XMetaL Author may not be registered as a COM server. This is normally set up automatically by our installer. If that has failed for some reason you may need to run the following at a command prompt:
    xmetal70.exe /RegServer

2) If that is not the issue you may also try to re-import the TLB file provided with the installation into your .NET build project.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support