General XMetaL Discussion
LeeHart November 11, 2010 at 8:37 pm
UI corrupt after printing from the preview pane on system with very large fontsNovember 11, 2010 at 8:37 pmParticipants 2Replies 3Last Activity 11 years, 11 months ago
XMetaL Author Essential 6.0.1 Version#: 6.0.1.035 on Windows 7
The system is set up for very large fonts (144 pixels per inch). After previewing a topic, right clicking on the topic and selecting print, and then returning to Tags On view, the UI is corrupted (for lack of a better term.) Things don't fit and garbage fills in the gaps. Closing and restarts XMetaL clears it up until another topic is printed like this.
This reproduces with SamplesCamerasCamerasInFocus.xml as well as our schema.
LeeDerek Read November 15, 2010 at 7:25 pm
Reply to: UI corrupt after printing from the preview pane on system with very large fontsNovember 15, 2010 at 7:25 pm
Can't reproduce this on Windows XP. I'm loading up a Windows 7 and will let you know soon if I can reproduce this there.Derek Read November 15, 2010 at 8:10 pm
Reply to: UI corrupt after printing from the preview pane on system with very large fontsNovember 15, 2010 at 8:10 pm
Can't reproduce this on Windows 7 either. I guess I must be missing something in the configuration or in the steps.
Here are my exact steps after setting the Windows screen DPI to 144 (“150% of normal size”):
1. Start with camerasinfocus.xml open in Tags On view.
2. Switch to “Page Preview” (either by selecting the “globe” button at the bottom of the document or using the option in the View menu).
3. Right click in the resulting preview (which is IE), select Print, then do an actual print (not sure I have to go all the way to print here but I have).
4. Switch back to Tags On view. Everything looks fine to me, at least as good as it ever does with a mishmash of small icons and large menu text.
Is there a specific portion of the UI that is messed up? Perhaps a screenshot will help.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.