General XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum General XMetaL Discussion Trouble Opening files across the network XMAE 6

• Yaeger

Trouble Opening files across the network XMAE 6

Participants 1
    Replies 2
    Last Activity 12 years, 3 months ago

On only one computer in our office, when I try and open a file from across our network in XMetaL 6 it hangs and says “Not Responding” for 2 to 3 Min per folder level then I will eventually be able to get to and open a file.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling removing all references to XMetaL and Squadsoft I could find and I am still having the same issue from a Win 7 64-bit computer.  I can go to the folder just fine and right click and use edit in Xmetal and it works just fine.

Derek Read

Reply to: Trouble Opening files across the network XMAE 6

Thank you. I will pass this information along to development and QA so they can keep an eye out for it when they begin testing and development for 64-bit versions of Windows.

gcrews

Reply to: Trouble Opening files across the network XMAE 6

Sounds kinda like the os is waiting on something. Does the open dialog in other apps like office do the same thing?  If so it may be some other mapped drive or drive step on that system.  This sounds like the same issue http://www.hargopal.com/84/very-slow-file-open-save-dialog-boxes-in-ms-office/

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support