DITA and XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum DITA and XMetaL Discussion TOPLEAF: ERROR: 025 – "perl-use: Can’t locate DITA.pm"

• Nick V

TOPLEAF: ERROR: 025 – "perl-use: Can’t locate DITA.pm"

Participants 3
    Replies 4
    Last Activity 10 years, 11 months ago

My stylesheet customizations are based off of the DITAmap stylesheet included with the 1.0.003 version of the XMetaL TopLeaf plugin. They've been working fine up until yesterday, and now I'm seeing the above error every time I try to run a transform. The DITA.pm file is clearly located under the “Perl” directory of my partition, and I haven't modified the relevant line in the $document mapping. It still contains the following:

Is there any reason TopLeaf would suddenly fail to locate the specified module?

Nick V

Reply to: TOPLEAF: ERROR: 025 – "perl-use: Can’t locate DITA.pm"

Oddly enough, copying the contents of the broken stylesheet directory to overwrite the contents of a  working stylesheet directory has fixed the issue. Color me confused.

Derek Read

Sounds like some kind of file system corruption to me (but in reverse?)

gjn2066

The Perl modules are stored in the DITAmapPerl folder. DITA.pm is supplied with the distribution to provide functions such as indexterm handling and ID normalization.

If this file has been clobbered, then you will see the sort of error you reported. By copying over another stylesheet, you restored the missing DITA.pm.

Hopefully your color is now downgraded from “confused” to “perplexed”.

Nick V

The DITA.pm file was actually there when I checked. That's why I was surprised that copying things over fixed it. The file contents appeared the same, as well.

Mostly just noting this for posterity.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support