DITA and XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum DITA and XMetaL Discussion TOPLEAF: Different Cover Graphic based on DITA Map element value?

• [email protected]

TOPLEAF: Different Cover Graphic based on DITA Map element value?

Participants 3
    Replies 4
    Last Activity 9 years ago

I would like to have the value of the

element determine which cover graphic to use. I've already customzed the TP-Logo in the Headers & Footers to use my bg_image.png graphic, and then set up the Custom content to the following:

Then in the $document pre-content, I've set up

but the cover graphic doesn't change when I change the value in the Map as it seems the value isn't being read before the TP-Logo is set.

Am I on the right track? Is there a different way to pull in that value earlier?

Thanks,

Robert

tonys

Reply to: TOPLEAF: Different Cover Graphic based on DITA Map element value?

The first thing I would do is to check the debug log to make sure that the element is being processed – maybe the Publisher variable is not being set?

The solution depends a lot on what your stylesheet looks like and what you need to do; for example, does this happen once at the start of the document, or do you need to do it for each nested map?

If you're using a stylesheet based on the one that came with the first version of the plugin, it might help to see how the metadata values are processed in the current Demonstrations/DITA stylesheets.

ramu

hi. I am new to xmetal field. how to assign this header and footer to our document and where to change this?

tonys

This is much easier in TopLeaf than it is when using the default PDF creation in XMetaL. There is a graphical layout editor that allows you to place headers and footers at any position on the page. See [url=http://www.turnkey.com.au/tksweb/xmtp/webhelp_out/guide.html]http://www.turnkey.com.au/tksweb/xmtp/webhelp_out/guide.html[/url] for information on how to get started.

ramu

thanks for your information tony. I will try what you said

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support