DITA and XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum DITA and XMetaL Discussion TOPLEAF: Cannot get Glossary title to display on the page

• jlm05

TOPLEAF: Cannot get Glossary title to display on the page

Participants 1
    Replies 2
    Last Activity 10 years, 1 month ago

We want to start including a glossary in individual guides, and I'm experimenting with the stylesheet updates to allow for this.

The glossaries are added to the backmatter of the book map file:

The glossary itself is a multi-entry glossary topic:

Glossary

Item 1
    Definition 1

Item 2
    Definition 2.

I've updated the glossarylist tag to set up the bookmark for the glossary (using the L-Glossary variable), and added the glossentry, glossterm, and glossdef tags. I've also added a %GlossaryTitle custom tag, and also tried adding a glossarylist//title tag.

When I generate the PDF, the Glossary bookmark displays, and links to the page with the glossary terms, but I can't get the Glossary title to display on the PDF page or in the TOC.

I know I must be missing something simple. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Janice

tonys

Reply to: TOPLEAF: Cannot get Glossary title to display on the page

My guess is that you have a higher-precedence mapping that is preventing the glossarylist//title mapping from being called. The debug output should tell you what's going on.

jlm05

Reply to: TOPLEAF: Cannot get Glossary title to display on the page

I was able to get it to work shortly after I made the original post by removing the additional topicref and having the glossary file be a direct href property of the glossarylist element.

Couldn't reply before now because of the annoying/bogus “the last post was less than 120 seconds ago” error.

Thanks,

Janice

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support