DITA and XMetaL Discussion

• topi70

table text direction

Participants 2
    Replies 3
    Last Activity 10 years, 8 months ago

HI,
    how can i change the text direction in the tables to vertical?
    I would like to have three rows and several columns in my table. First two rows text would be horizontal and third row text would be vertical. Is this possible in XMetal?

Derek Read

Reply to: table text direction

Are you asking about authoring or output?

You cannot configure XMetaL Author to display text in this way while authoring (it would likely be done using CSS if it were to add such a feature but it is unlikely we would).

You might be able to do this in your output depending on the format you are transforming to and how that is produced. That is entirely dependent on the output format (and perhaps whether such a feature is supported in the software used to view that format) and possibly also how the transformation is performed. We'd need more information about your output process to give an answer in this case.

topi70

Hi,
    i wan't this for authoring. For output we use antennahouse pdf formatter. I guess i could use “outpuclass” attribute value for table cell to get vertical text output.

Derek Read

If not all of your tables will be formatted this way then yes, you would need to identify them somehow for special handling during transformation. I agree that this is what the @outputclass attribute in DITA is for.

Note: If you are working with XMetaL Author Enterprise and DITA content please enter future postings to the forum board called “DITA and XMetaL Discussion”. You did not mention which application you were running, which version, nor your document type (now I know it is DITA) so I could only guess so much and give you a limited answer. The board “Tips and Tricks” is meant for posting “sample and demo code, tips, tricks, workarounds and other assorted wisdom”, ie: something you know or can demonstrate that you feel might be useful to others working with XMetaL products. If you have not read the following you may also wish to do so: [url=http://forums.xmetal.com/index.php/topic,384]About the Forums[/url]

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support