DITA and XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum DITA and XMetaL Discussion Strict Domain Testing Enabled in 6.0?

• DJD

Strict Domain Testing Enabled in 6.0?

Participants 1
    Replies 2
    Last Activity 11 years, 6 months ago

It appears that strict domain testing is enabled by default when installing xmetal 6.0. This results in unresolved references and conrefs for those conrefs originating in an unlike topic type. After installing the Configuration Kit, however, a macro is installed (conref_no_domain_check.mcr) that disables strict domain testing.

Why is this? Why does the strict domain testing feature not resolve a conref defined in a concept topic to be reused in a task topic? I see nothing in the DITA 1.2 spec that doesn't support this. From my understanding, DITA provides a DTD for each topic type and each of these DTDs includes all of the same predefined DITA domains, which means that you can conref any element to any other element that shares a common ancestry in the class attribute regardless of topic type.

Su-Laine Yeo

Reply to: Strict Domain Testing Enabled in 6.0?

Hi,

This looks like a bug to me. Without the DITA 1.2 Configuration Kit, I can conref

• and

elements from concept to task topics and vice-versa, as it should be. We'll do more investigation to see why the rules are applied differently after the DITA 1.2 Configuration Kit is installed. Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.

Su-Laine

DJD

Reply to: Strict Domain Testing Enabled in 6.0?

Thanks Su-Laine. I appreciate your prompt reply.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support