General XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum General XMetaL Discussion Strange problem on copying from browser

• biswajitsr

Strange problem on copying from browser

Participants 5
    Replies 6
    Last Activity 12 years ago

1. I opened XMetal Author.
    2. I opened ie browser.
    3. Went to google news.
    4. Copied the portion of body from that page and pasted on the body of XMetal Author. I used “http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/et-cetera/NRIs-in-Britain-shocked-at-CWG-mess/articleshow/6642411.cms” link to copy as it was the first news when I went to google news. See attachement 1.JPG.
    5. When pasted the content on XMetal Author the screen as attachement 2.JPG appeared and one webpage opened automatically on browser.
    6. When clicked ok on the messagebox as in attachment 2.JPG then the content pasted on the body of XMetal author as expected, as in the attachement 3.JPG.

I am not able to understand why it is happenning. It is happening in some machines, but not in all machines. I think may be because of some browser settings. Can anyone help me? If it is because of some browser settings then what that setting is?

Derek Read

Reply to: Strange problem on copying from browser

It would be best to first check with the maker of the customization you are using to see if they can debug this. In particular you will want to check with them to see if they have any specific behaviours enabled for the actions you are performing. These would be defined in MCR files, mostly likely in events related to paste operations.

What happens if you perform the same actions in a document that uses another customization, such as the Journalist demo?
    File > New > Journalist (tab) > Article (template)

If you do not see the same behavior there then this is almost definitely the customization that is performing this action.

mastern

We ran into the same problem using XMetaL 6.0.1.030 with a DTD with minor customizations (just to add links to entity files). Another symptom is that Delete doesn't work in the pasted text. Any ideas about what can be causing it?

Derek Read

I suspect your customization must be triggering this somehow. Please submit a copy to XMetaL Support along with installation instructions and at least one sample XML document so they can try to reproduce the issue.

Be as specific as possible as to exact steps, including the exact source of the content you are copying from, which portion of that source and the application you are viewing it in (ie: which browser and version, which version of Word, etc) and where you are pasting into in the sample XML document you provide. If you can provide an HTML or Word example file that will be helpful as well.

mastern

@Derek: Is there an email where I can send you the files directly?

Derek Read

Submit a case here:
    http://na.justsystems.com/contact-support.php

You will get an auto-reply telling your case has been automatically logged. At that point you can reply to the auto-reply with your files (preferably in a zip archive).

steve21

This is also first time I have heard about this.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support