General XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum General XMetaL Discussion Silent install of XMetaL Author Enterprise 6.0 (SP1) not working as instructed

• antti

Silent install of XMetaL Author Enterprise 6.0 (SP1) not working as instructed

Participants 1
    Replies 2
    Last Activity 10 years, 7 months ago

Hello,

According to the readme this will work:
    [code]setup.exe /s /v”/qn SERIALNUMBER={serial number} ALLUSERS=1″[/code]

However, it only starts the graphical installer, no matter what I try. Any ideas how to get XMetaL deployed?

Derek Read

Reply to: Silent install of XMetaL Author Enterprise 6.0 (SP1) not working as instructed

The easiest thing to do is to run the installer you get from our sales team (what you are probably running now) manually and allow it to unpack itself. You should be allowed to select a location to unpack to. Once it unpacks the “real” installer will run and show you options for installing. At that point cancel out of the installer. Open the folder you chose to unpack t. In the subfolder named “XMetaL” you will find the setup.exe there and you can use standard InstallShield commands on it.

antti

Reply to: Silent install of XMetaL Author Enterprise 6.0 (SP1) not working as instructed

It is the “real” installer (setup.exe). We have v. 6.0 also and this 6.0 SP1 I unpacked after downloading it as instructed.

The readme instructs to do silent install the way I described, but it is not working.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support