General XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum General XMetaL Discussion Search feature request

• gcrews

Search feature request

Participants 3
    Replies 4
    Last Activity 10 years, 10 months ago

Constantly I am working in some ditamaps that are 200kb+ with 1000’s of conrefs and mostly use the xml view.  I would be nice if the XMetaL find and replace tool would search navtitles as well as that’s almost all the text in a ditamap.

On a side note, I just noticed another dual screen monitor bug. If you have XMetaL open on a second monitor to the LEFT of your main monitor, you cannot switch between the Text, Element, and Entry tabs in the find and replace dialog.

Derek Read

Reply to: Search feature request

Find and Replace will find attributes (or any other text in the XML source) if you switch to Plain Text view, rather than Tags On view or Normal view.

Does that help?

Derek Read

Also, if you work in Tags On or Normal view you can find elements with a specific attribute value if you enter the following into the Element tab of the Find and Replace dialog:

gcrews

Ah, I see now didn’t think of that in the Elements tab, that will work since most of the time I know the exact title. Thanks for pointing that out, good tip. Occasionally though I might just want to find a partial title or word in the title. I see now I can search in plaintext view and then switch back to tag view and it will be scrolled to the region containing the item. Thanks for the help.

Derek Read

Sounds like the workflow is not ideal but if your maps are large then this is the best I can do short of some custom scripts.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support