General XMetaL Discussion

• toddrace

Run Time Error

Participants 0
    Replies 1
    Last Activity 8 years, 6 months ago

I am presently unable to run XMetaL 8.0.1.051 on a Windows XP Professional system. To date I have reinstalled xmetal twice, and then after uninstalling xmetal, deleting the xmetal file from my c drive, all to no avail.

What now?

The error message I receive is:

Run Time Error
    Line 17, Column 4
    Description: 'getCurrentMapEditor()' is null or not an object

Derek Read

Reply to: Run Time Error

Not sure what would cause this issue, except that the code that is trying to run does so when a DITA map is opened.

Please try resetting the XMetaL “workspace”. This will allow XMetaL Author Enterprise to start up without reopening any files (which it does if you left files open when you last shut down and if the corresponding setting to do that is turned on in Tools > Options). Instructions for resetting the workspace are here in the “Workaround” section at the bottom: http://forums.xmetal.com/index.php/topic,19.0.html

If that helps but the issue returns when you attempt to open a specific file please send that file to XMetaL Support together with a description.

If that doesn't help we'll need to investigate further. It would probably make more sense to do that through XMetaL Support.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support