General XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum General XMetaL Discussion RenderX Footer in PDF Output

• mgutbier

RenderX Footer in PDF Output

Participants 2
    Replies 3
    Last Activity 12 years, 8 months ago

I licensed XMetaL Author Enterpise today. I worked with the demo version before. In my output PDF files I still get the “XML to PDF by RenderX..” footer. I thought this is a watermark for the demo version? What do I have to do to get rid of this line?

Derek Read

Reply to: RenderX Footer in PDF Output

There is a section in the readme.html file that talks about this. That file is located in the same folder you installed XMetaL Author Enterprise 5.5 to.

I am copying the specific section here for your convenience. However, there are possibly other things you may wish to be aware of so it is best to read that file in its entirety.

Generating PDF output still shows watermark after activating from a Trial to Full version
    Before you generate output from a map after activating a Trial version to a Full version, do the following:
    1. Click Tools > Configure Output and click the Advanced tab.
    2. In the Advanced tab, change the value of the cmd_dita_ot_per_user_version parameter as follows: cmd_dita_ot_per_user_version = 0
    When you generate output, you may be asked if you want to upgrade to a newer version of the toolkit. Click OK.

mgutbier

Thank you. I did read the readme.html today, but the wrong version, because I installed the SP1 and this did overwrite the orginal. May be better to rename the readme.html of SP1.

Derek Read

Sounds like you installed the 5.5 trial, then registered it then installed SP1 and perhaps never read the readme for 5.5.

Looks like we need to loosen up what we remove from the readme with each release, including service packs, so that information that might still be relevant is left in longer.

I'll ask the documentation team to think about that.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support