DITA and XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum DITA and XMetaL Discussion reltable w/"nofamily" in PDF output?

• JoAnne

reltable w/"nofamily" in PDF output?

Participants 8
    Replies 9
    Last Activity 11 years, 4 months ago

XMetal 6.0 on Windows 7…

In my PDF output I can use the Edit Deliverable Type to show related links in PDF output, but how do I set it to “nofamily”?  I'm stumped and it's Monday.

Thanks…

Derek Read

Reply to: reltable w/"nofamily" in PDF output?

For arguments that do not have a checkbox or similar (probably added to the DITA OT after we created our UI) you can add parameters to the “Other output parameters” box. You need to know whether the XMetaL Author Enterprise “deliverable” uses Java or ANT to figure out the format (params for Java and ANT are prefixed differently). See the topic “Specifying parameters” (sub topic in the help under “Extending the publishing framework”) for details.

In this particular case you would add the following:
    ANT_PARAM_args.fo.output.rel.links=nofamily

Edit: that is wrong. The parameter should be ANT_PARAM_args.fo.include.rellinks=nofamily (subsequent postings show my confusion)

Derek Read

Looks like the DITA OT documents that the parameter is “args.fo.output.rel.links” but I see several discussions as well as some other DITA OT documentation pages that claim it is “args.fo.output.rellinks” (lack of period before “links”).

I have not used this parameter myself and don't have a map that I know will demonstrate it working as expected so I'm not sure which is correct nor am I sure what to expect to see in a PDF produced by the DITA OT.

Derek Read

Sorry, looks like I was confusing two different OT parameters (the second is new to me):
    args.fo.output.rel.links
    args.fo.include.rellinks

args.fo.output.rel.links allows the values “yes” and “no” (and this is what the checkbox in our UI toggles)
    args.fo.include.rellinks allows the values “none”, “all” and “nofamily”

http://dita-ot.sourceforge.net/quickstartguide/reference/dita-ot_ant_properties.html

JoAnne

Thanks, Derek. That works except that I have to turn on Show Related Links to get any output, and as soon as I do, family links are generated as well. From http://dita-ot.sourceforge.net/quickstartguide/reference/dita-ot_ant_properties.html

args.fo.output.rel.links:
    Note: This parameter is deprecated in favor of ${args.fo.include.rellinks}.
    Specifies whether to show links in your project's output. Values are “yes” (include all links) and “no” (the default, include no links). If ${args.fo.include.rellinks} is specified, this parameter is ignored.

Derek Read

Can you provide a copy of your files so that we can try to reproduce this issue here? I'd like to be able to test and compare results to yours. If you prefer not to post them on the forum you can submit a support case to XMetaL Support.

JoAnne

Derek, rather than post to the list I created a subset of the files and tried to attach them in an email to support, but it's bounced twice. Case #00007328

Derek Read

Looks like it did come through. We will have a look.

Derek Read

There is a discussion here that seems to suggest that different behavior is expected for XHTML and PDF output:
    http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dita-users/message/18829

I'm not entirely sure what you expect to see in your output however, as there are no collection-type=”family” attributes set in your map, but perhaps I'm misunderstanding. Or perhaps the usage of this attribute and the DITA OT parameter is not understood clearly enough by me. The DITA architectural specification in this area is vague and that post (above) is the best I have found on the subject.

JoAnne

thanks. I'm not sure I understand it entirely, either, so I'll keep reading and plugging away at it til I get it right.  Thanks!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support