DITA and XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum DITA and XMetaL Discussion Print=No Attribute in DITA Map still appearing in PDF

• [email protected]

Print=No Attribute in DITA Map still appearing in PDF

Participants 4
    Replies 5
    Last Activity 12 years, 4 months ago

XMetaL Author Enterprise version#: 5.5.0.219

When setting the Print attribute to “no” for a Topic Reference in a DITA Map, the topic still appears when converted to PDF.

I can Comment Out the Topic Reference in the code and then it doesn't print, but shouldn't the Print attribute do that?

Thanks –

RPalmer

Derek Read

Reply to: Print=No Attribute in DITA Map still appearing in PDF

The version of the DITA Open Toolkit you have does not support the expected behavior for this attribute.

I believe there are plans to include support for it in the DITA OT 1.5 and so when we integrate that version in a future release of XMetaL Author Enterprise you will have access to this and other improvements.

[email protected]

Thanks! I'll just instruct our writers to Comment Out the Topics for the time being.

RPalmer

Derek Read

Is using conditional text an option? I have not tested it, but if it works that would be better than using comments.

cdybdahl

I was just perusing the Files area on the Yahoo DITA-users group and noticed a print=no plugin for the FO transformation. I remembered reading this post, and thought I'd pass along the information.

I have not tried it, so I have no idea how/if it works, but it's certainly worth investigating if you have a need for it.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dita-users/files/FO%20Plug-in/

Su-Laine Yeo

Additional detail on the plug-in that Chad mentioned, which is basically a patch for the Open Toolkit, are here: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dita-users/message/12047 . The patch consists of two .XSL files. Assuming you have XMetaL installed in a typical way and are using one of the “XMetaL Enhanced PDF” deliverable types, you need to drop the files in the following locations:

– Drop topicmerge.xsl into C:Documents and SettingsApplication DataSoftQuadXMetaL SharedDITA_OTdemoxmfoxslcommon
    – Drop maprefImpl.xsl into C:Documents and Settings
    Application DataSoftQuadXMetaL SharedDITA_OTxslpreprocess

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support