DITA and XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum DITA and XMetaL Discussion PDF3 Index Missing Footers

• bzebian

PDF3 Index Missing Footers

Participants 3
    Replies 4
    Last Activity 12 years, 2 months ago

XMetaL 5.1.

I can't get the PDF3 output to show any footer in the Index. Footers display correctly in TOC and body, but nothing in index, not even a page number. Here's the settings in xm_static_content.xsl. Any ideas what I'm missing?

8 1 1
        My Company Name
        no-op

1 1 8

no-op

bzebian

Reply to: PDF3 Index Missing Footers

I've found you can replicate this behavior in the generic PDF 3 output by changing 10pt in xmfoCustomizationfoattrsxm_baseline_attrs.xsl to 11pt. The Index footer no longer outputs. But if you change to a smaller point size or back to 10 pt the index footer appears.  Our PDFs use 11pt as the standard font size, so leaving at 10 pt is not an option. Have tried a few options such as hard-coding 10pt in the the index__odd__footer point-size attribute, but no luck. Wondering now if this is a RenderX bug?

Derek Read

Are you stuck with 5.1?

We've found a similar issue in 6.0 that seems to have confused us. In one of the XSLTs in 6.0 the calls to include the templates that generate some of the footers were just not included (there's 'first' and 'last' in addition to 'even' and 'odd'  in the index) although the templates are there.  In 6.0 no matter what you do you can only get 'even' and 'odd' footers in the index. We can't seem to reproduce any font sizing issues there.

We've logged this omission for 6.0 and will see if we can post the updated XSLT here so people can manually update their copy of the OT.

However, it seems that 5.1 has similar issues ('first' and 'last' are not there) although we can't seem to reproduce exactly what you are seeing with 5.1. Perhaps your customizations to the XSLT have altered things? If you can submit a support case and include a zipped copy of your Customization folder then it will be easier to try to figure that out.

bzebian

Derek,

I opened ticket 00007013 on this. I'll send you the zip of my customized Customization folder. But as I said I can replicate this with the base folder as well.

Yes, we are stuck with 5.1, due to our CMS.

Thanks.

Derek Read

For 5.1 it looks like the area that's wrong (in an unmodified install) is this file:
    C:Program FilesCommon FilesXMetaL SharedDITA_OTdemoxmfoCustomizationfoxslxm_static_content.xsl

It has the following starting at about line #472:

Which should actually be this as far as I can see:

All of the templates that are called here are actually there and they seem to be correctly named (see later in the same file).

You'd need to merge these changes with any other changes you have.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support