XMetaL Tips and Tricks
Su-Laine Yeo August 10, 2010 at 1:15 am
Patch for making headings use the correct font in PDF outputAugust 10, 2010 at 1:15 amParticipants 1Replies 0Last Activity 12 years, 5 months ago
Product(s): This issue affects XMetaL Author Enterprise 5.1 and later. The patch has been tested with XMetaL 6.0.
If you use the Generate Output feature with the “XMetaL Enhanced PDF via RenderX” option, there is a known issue in one of the default stylesheet files which causes headings to appear in Helvetica rather than the font you have chosen for headings. For some languages, headings will not appear at all, as some languages can't be displayed in Helvetica.
To fix this issue, you can edit the following file: DITA_OTdemoxmfoCustomizationfoattrsxm-cfgcommons-attr.xsl. For details on where to find your DITA_OT folder, see http://forums.XMetaL.com/index.php/topic,939.0.html .
In the commons-attr.xsl file, find all instances of the following:
Replace them with the following:
Or, if you have not made changes to this file since installing XMetaL, you can replace your current commons-attr.xsl file with the file which is attached to this article.
* Licensed Materials – Property of JustSystems, Canada, Inc.
* (c) Copyright JustSystems Canada, Inc. 2010
* All rights reserved.
* The sample contained herein is provided to you “AS IS”.
* It is furnished by JustSystems Corporation as a simple example and has not been
* thoroughly tested under all conditions. JustSystems Canada, Inc., therefore, cannot
* guarantee its reliability, serviceability or functionality.
* This sample may include the names of individuals, companies, brands and products
* in order to illustrate concepts as completely as possible. All of these names are
* fictitious and any similarity to the names and addresses used by actual persons or
* business enterprises is entirely coincidental.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.