DITA and XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum DITA and XMetaL Discussion On_Application_Before_Document_Open

• gcrews

On_Application_Before_Document_Open

Participants 1
    Replies 2
    Last Activity 9 years, 8 months ago

I would like to have some code that runs any time before a document is opened. On_Application_Before_Document_Open works if you manually open a file, but it does not appear to be run if you open a file via “Open referenced files” or with the map editor. How can I trigger some code before any document is opened?

Derek Read

Reply to: On_Application_Before_Document_Open

The application level macros that make up the portion of XMetaL Author Enterprise's DITA customization are already using this event. It is used to figure out whether a document is a map or a topic. You would need to somehow merge your code with that code. However, as the DITA customization is considered a closed system that is not something I would recommend trying. If you are not working with DITA documents then XMetaL Author Essential does not include the DITA customization (and this event does not conflict with anything else).

Is this for DITA or non-DITA?
    What do you need to do to the document before it is open?

gcrews

Reply to: On_Application_Before_Document_Open

It's the DITA specific operations that perform the open events. I think i found a better way to accomplish what i was trying to do.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support