General XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum General XMetaL Discussion Obscured Table Text And Markup

• scotth

Obscured Table Text And Markup

Participants 2
    Replies 3
    Last Activity 9 years, 1 month ago

In XMetaL 6.0, it is possible to enter text beyond the width of a table cell. As far as I can see, the only way to view this text is to expand the size of the window or re-size the table cell. Are there any tricks to seeing the obscured text or markup besides this? Is it possible to enable text wrap within a table cell?

Derek Read

Reply to: Obscured Table Text And Markup

Derek Read

If you have access to the CSS for your DTD's customization you can also try adding the following to the selector for the CALS entry element:

wrap-option: emergency;

This will cause XMetaL Author to attempt to arbitrarily break within two characters that would otherwise not allow a line break (normally XMetaL Author uses the Unicode line breaking rules for the most part).

Keep in mind that this will probably confuse your authors because they may assume the break is occuring because there is a white-space at that position (when there is not).

scotth

Thanks for your feedback. I mis-spoke in my initial inquiry on this, as I am actually using XMAX. Based on what I am seeing in the other thread you pointed to, it sounds like the INI fix will not work in XMAX. The wrap-option does seem to mostly work, although sometimes the text is still obscured. I'm hoping that the authors that I'm working with will still find this to be helpful.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support