General XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum General XMetaL Discussion Nested Schemas in XMAX

• craig_83

Nested Schemas in XMAX

Participants 0
    Replies 1
    Last Activity 12 years, 6 months ago

Can XMAX 5.5 handle nested XSD schemas? For example I have a XSD that defines an element Person, this element can be used in several other schemas as an element, but rather than define it in several schemas I want to define it once and have the other schemas reference it. The advantage of this is, for example, if I would to give the Person element an additional attribute it would be picked up by all the other schemas auotmtcatically rather than having to make a change in several files.

So can XMAX 5.5 handle schemas that include/reference/import other schemas? If so, do the files have to be in the same location e.g. folder?

Derek Read

Reply to: Nested Schemas in XMAX

Yes, both XMAX and Author can handle this.

The files do not have to be in the same folder, but the paths to them must be correct (best to use relative paths in this case of course).

The only exception to this rule that I can think of would be if you were using a CMS system (like Documentum) that does not support folder structures in the CMS cache on the local machine where it places any files required by an editing tool like XMetaL Author (XSD, DTD, CSS, CTM, etc), assuming those files are served up by the CMS (which is the case for most CMS systems that integrate with XMetaL Author or XMAX). In this case a CMS may force you to rewrite your Schema (or DTD) so that all referenced files are in the same folder (and all paths are therefore relative paths specifying just the filename = relative to the same folder).

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support