DITA and XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum DITA and XMetaL Discussion Multiple word Search in Webhelp output

• rnv

Multiple word Search in Webhelp output

Participants 2
    Replies 3
    Last Activity 10 years, 4 months ago

Hi,

I noticed that search in Webhelp output support only one word search. That is, if I search with only one word it finds something but with multiple word it finds nothing.

Is that normal or there is a settings to control it? If that is normal then is it easy to extend?

regards,
    rnv

Derek Read

Reply to: Multiple word Search in Webhelp output

This is normal if you have generated the Webhelp using XMetaL Author Enterprise 6.0.

With WebHelp generated using XMetaL Author Enterprise 7.0 if you enter two words an OR search will be performed.

If the search does not meet your needs you might want to integrate search capabilities from a company that specializes in it into your website. Google is an obvious option but you might also use something like [url=http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/]ZoomSearch[/url].

rnv

Derek,

Thank you very much for your quick response as usual.

Are you sure webhelp generated by xmetal 7 does OR search. seems like it does AND search.

when I search for a word for example it finds about 10 pages and for the second word it finds about 8 pages. when i search with both of these words it finds only 4 pages.

regards,
    rnv

Derek Read

My mistake, yes, it is an AND search.

If you wanted to change or extend this functionality you would do it in the webhelp.js file.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support