DITA and XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum DITA and XMetaL Discussion Merged file contains related-links

• Yuwono

Merged file contains related-links

Participants 6
    Replies 7
    Last Activity 12 years ago

I generated a PDF from my ditamap using RenderX XEP. The merged file contains some related-links which my topics do not have them.

Does any body know why related-links are in merged file? If it is part of standard DITA-OT, how can I omit related-links and why does DITA-OT generate related-links?

I am using XMetal 5.5 and XMetal Enhanced PDF via RenderX XEP. “Show related links in output” in Tools–> Configure Output –> XMetal Enhanced PDF via RenderX XEP is off.

Thank you,

Yuwono

Derek Read

Reply to: Merged file contains related-links

So your map has a relationship table in it but you wish to suppress those links in PDF output? Turning off the setting you refer to should do that. Can I assume the links you are seeing are coming from a relationship table? (ie: they aren't just some random links unrelated to any content anywhere?)

Does the same thing occur if you generate output using one of our DITA samples? (available via the Help > Sample menu) The sample titled “XMetaL Reviewer Help” has a relationship table in it, and toggling the setting you refer to shows/suppresses the inclusion of related links when I generate output. This is a clean installation though, so perhaps your copy of the DITA OT has been modified so that functionality is broken?

Yuwono

Hi Derek, I do not have a relationship table. However something I do not understand I tried a different document and created a new DITAMap which contains mixed new topics and old topics. The different document did not have related links in the merged file, but the new DITAMap have related-links.
    I turned off the setting on both documents.

I will refresh DITA-OT installation and hopefully it solves the problem.

IF

I *think* I have a similar problem.

I have two maps: Map_1 and Map_2.
    Map_1 contains Task 1 and Task 2.
    Map_2 contains the same topics as Map_1 except that the order is reversed.

In Map_1, the words “Related Links” appear at the bottom of Task 2 but not at the bottom of Task 1.

In Map_2, the words “Related Links” appear at the bottom of Task 1 but not at the bottom of Task 2.

In order words, the words “Related Links” appear on the second topic only.

I have noticed a similar behaviour in other maps I have created – the words “Related Links” seem to appear on every second topic.

I have not created a relationship table in the maps.

I have not created any actual links in the topic files.

I'm using XMetal 6.0 on Windows 7. Deliverable type is XMetal Enhanced PDF via RenderX XEP. I have the option “Show related links in output” selected.

Yuwono

Have you tried to turned off “”Show related links in output” option?
    Try to turn the option off and let me us know.

IF

If I clear the option “Show related links in output”, the words “Related links” do not appear in either file.

Yuwono

Does anyone know why DITA-OT generates related-links? What trigger related-links other than relational table? and Why the option will suppress related-links occurrence?

Derek Read

You might have a element containing links inside a topic (any topic), or you might have a in a map. Both of these allow the DITA OT to (optionally) include a “related links” section in some types of output (with presentational differences as well).

When you check the box called “Show related links in output” for the deliverable type called “XMetaL Enhanced PDF via RenderX XEP” that causes the following parameter to be passed to the DITA OT:
    fooutputrellinks=yes

When set to “yes” the “include related links in output” functionality built into the DITA OT is enabled.

The default behavior is to not include related links (the behavior you see if you uncheck the box). If you open the output log you can check what the value for that setting is.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support