General XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum General XMetaL Discussion Map does not open in Resource Manager

• dmurphy

Map does not open in Resource Manager

Participants 3
    Replies 4
    Last Activity 7 years, 10 months ago

Whenever a map is checked out (we are using SDL Trisoft CMS), it always opens in XML View, even though it is set to open in the Map Editor on the DITA Options dialog Map Editor tab. This is an isolated case; for all other writers at our location, when “Map Editor” is specified on the DITA Options dialog, maps always open in the Resource Editor. Am I missing something else? (The writer even re-installed XMetal recently, but no change.)

Derek Read

Reply to: Map does not open in Resource Manager

Does this map use a specialized DITA DTD?
    If you are unsure please quote the first few lines of the XML that includes the DOCTYPE declaration here (or submit this as an XMetaL Support case).

dmurphy

No, we do not use specializations.

dmurphy

By the way, it is XMetal 6.

pmasal

When I've seen CMS bridge inconsistencies from user to user, they're almost always related to local file/folder permissions. I would ask the user to unset the readonly bit on the C:UsersusernameAppData folder and apply down the hierarchy, and also ensure that they're windows login has full write permissions. Same with C:Program Files (x86)XMetaL 6.0Author, then exit and restart XMetaL to see if the behavior changes.
    Paul Masalsky
    McAfee

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support