XMetaL Community Forum DITA and XMetaL Discussion Make XMetaL use OT 1.6.3

• Wim Hooghwinkel – iDTP

Make XMetaL use OT 1.6.3

Participants 5
    Replies 6
    Last Activity 9 years, 9 months ago

(XMetaL 7, Win 7 64)

Hi,

I've put this issue before, but no response.

Q: what do I need to change to make XMetaL use DITA OT 1.6.3.

I changed the DITA_OT folder:  DITA_OT_DIR  =  C:DITA-OT1.6.3. XMetaL copies the contents to the local user folder but doesn't  take the dita2pdf3 build files. I get the error:

Target “dita2pdf3” does not exist in the project “DOST”.

What do I need to do to get the dita2pdf3 settings?

Thanks,

Wim Hooghwinkel

Derek Read

Reply to: Make XMetaL use OT 1.6.3

I think the simple answer here is that you can't point XMetaL to an arbitrary version of the DITA OT and have it work. The 7.0 release of XMetaL Author Enterprise is integrated with 1.5.4 and may function with most 1.5 releases (we only tested 1.5.4). The setting you are using will also let you place a modified copy of 1.5.4 somewhere other than the default install location. However, the structure of 1.6 has been significantly altered and so we would need to provide you with something.

The reason for this is that we have a layer between XMetaL and the DITA OT (the thing that defines our “deliverables”) and this needs to be updated when significant DITA OT changes are made. In addition to that, the output formats that we provide (XMetaL Enhanced PDF via RenderX XEP, Single HTML and WebHelp) all need to be integrated for them to be available.

We happen to have something that will install DITA OT 1.6.0 in an XMetaL Author Enterprise 7.0 release with all of this stuff working. You can get that through XMetaL Support. You could try updating it to 1.6.3 if necessary, but I have not tried to do that so don't know what changes would be necessary.

Wim Hooghwinkel – iDTP

Hi Derek,

you mentioned 'We happen to have something that will install DITA OT 1.6.0 in an XMetaL Author Enterprise 7.0 release with all of this stuff working. You can get that through XMetaL Support.'

What do i need to do to get that?

Thanks,

Derek Read

Clients with maintenance can request it through XMetaL Support.

See: http://xmetal.com/contact-support/

Wim Hooghwinkel – iDTP

Hi Derek,

I contacted support through the web page you provided. But I don't get any response. Is no one there?

thanks,

Wim

Derek Read

That is odd. We received your message and replied the same day.

Perhaps our email system had an issue (no errors on my side) or the message was blocked as spam on your end? I will send again.

Wim Hooghwinkel – iDTP

all solved , received the files from support.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support