General XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum General XMetaL Discussion keyboard shortcuts to XMetaL commands

• Verner

keyboard shortcuts to XMetaL commands

Participants 3
    Replies 4
    Last Activity 12 years, 4 months ago

Hi

We have just bought XMetal 5.5 (to be integrated with the Trisoft CMS system). Do any of you know if there is a keyboard shortcut guide to download? Or have you made one for yourself that you are willing to share?

Verner

Derek Read

Reply to: keyboard shortcuts to XMetaL commands

Launch XMetaL Author Enterprise and search for “keyboard shortcuts” using the menu item Help > Search for Help on…

That should get you what you need.

Su-Laine Yeo

super-structure

Is there some way to add our own custom keyboard shortcuts? I'm so used to pressing CTRL+K to add a hyperlink/xref. My hand is about to fall off from all of the clicking required to repeat this.

I tried to use the Toolbar and Menu Customization to simply add a Shortcut to the Insert > Link > Cross-Reference menu item, but the field appears to be inactive.

What's worse, I inadvertently removed the Insert Xref toolbar tool and I can't even find a way to put it back in the Format toolbox (it doesn't appear anywhere in the Buttons tab of the Toolbar and Menu Customization dialog).

(This is XMetaL Author v5.5)

Su-Laine Yeo

Hi Jason,

This should work:
    1) Open a DITA topic.
    2) Click Tools > Record New Macro.
    3) Click Insert > Link > Cross-Reference.
    4) Click OK in the dialog that appears.
    5) Click Tools > Stop Recording.
    6) The Define New Macro dialog appears automatically. In the “Create this macro for” drop-down, choose “Application
    7) Choose a macro name and shortcut key, then click OK.

To “reset” toolbars so that you see all the default buttons, hold down the Ctrl key when starting XMetaL.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support