XMetaL Announcements and Events
Anthony November 19, 2008 at 5:42 pm
[JustSystems] XMetaL Author Enterprise Adds MS Windows Vista SupportNovember 19, 2008 at 5:42 pmParticipants 1Replies 0Last Activity 12 years ago
JustSystems XMetaL Author Enterprise Adds MS Windows Vista Support
Ease of Use, Customization Improvements for XMetaL Author Enterprise, XMAX
NEW YORK and VANCOUVER — November 19, 2008 — JustSystems, the largest independent software vendor in Japan and a worldwide leader in XML and information management technologies, today announced Microsoft Windows Vista support for XMetaL Author Enterprise, the leading authoring application for organizations using any XML document type, including the most complete support for the Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA). The company has also made a number of usability and customization improvements to XMetaL Author Enterprise and XMAX, the embeddable and web-based version of XMetaL Author Enterprise.
“Vista adoption is really ramping up, both in the enterprise overall and in our customers’ organizations in particular,” said Aaron Deitcher, vice president of North America and EMEA for JustSystems. “Supporting Vista is a natural extension of our mission to develop the world’s greatest XML content creation and reviewing software that can be used by the widest range of people and customized to meet their unique needs.”
Extending XMetaL Author Enterprise and XMAX
XMetaL Author Enterprise helps organizations maximize content reuse through tight integration with content repositories, address advanced publishing requirements with an extensible publishing framework, and improves collaboration with reviewers by being able to merge XMetaL Reviewer comments and addenda directly into documents. Now, JustSystems extends the power and flexibility of XMetaL Author Enterprise while enhancing its functionality and ease-of-use with the following customer-driven improvements:
- Windows Vista compatibility. XMetaL Author Enterprise is certified to run under Windows Vista with Vista’s UAC feature enabled. Moreover, XMetaL Author Enterprise doesn't rely on Vista's “Virtualization” feature to function correctly.
- Limited-user account enabled. XMetaL Author Enterprise is now installed assuming that the software is going to be used from a limited or restricted user account. Previous versions of XMetaL Author Enterprise required that the software be operated from a user account with local-admin privileges.
- Easy-to-access samples. DITA and other XML samples are now accessible directly via a new Help > Samples submenu. On machines with more than one user logged in, samples are preserved on a per-user basis, so each user can experiment with his or her own copy of the samples.
- New APIs. To extend its customizability, XMetaL Author Enterprise gains new APIs, event-macros, and INI switches.
- Third-party components. To increase user options for publishing XML content, XMetaL Author Enterprise embeds the DITA Open Toolkit 126.96.36.199, including version 1.4.1 of the FO plug-in from Idiom Technologies. RenderX XEP 4.12 is also embedded to generate output with XMetaL Enhanced PDF deliverable types.
Like XMetaL Author Enterprise, XMAX has been upgraded to meet customer requests for better usability and customization. XMAX takes advantage of the new APIs as well as the quality improvements and enhancements noted above. XMAX also gains a new view mode, plain text view, which is raw, color-coded text.
Pricing and Availability
The latest versions of XMetaL Author Enterprise and XMAX are available November 21 and December 12, respectively. For pricing information, contact [email protected].
Recent News and Resources
ROI Blueprint for Structured Content. The cornerstone of Developing a Strategic Roadmap for Structured Content, a comprehensive educational initiative developed by JustSystems with support from The Gilbane Group; detailed in a recent news release, interactive blueprint, and series of webinars.
News release: JustSystems XMetaL Selected as 2008 KMWorld Trend-Setting Product; http://na.justsystems.com/releases-197
News release: JustSystems Helps Service Bulletins at Eurocopter Take Flight; http://na.justsystems.com/releases-192
News release: JustSystems Announces XMetaL Integrated Authoring Solution with Support for 20+ Commercial Repositories; http://na.justsystems.com/releases-187
The DITA Maturity Model. The graduated, step-wise approach to implementing DITA that JustSystems co-authored with IBM was highlighted in a recent webinar, as well as in the commentary, press release, and, of course, the DITA Maturity Model paper itself.
JustSystems is a leading global software provider with three decades of successful innovation in office productivity, information management, and consumer and enterprise software. With over 2,500 customers worldwide, the company is continuing a global expansion strategy based on its xfy enterprise software, XMetaL content lifecycle solutions, and its pioneering work in enabling XBRL financial reporting technologies. For more information, please visit http://www.justsystems.com.
All brand names and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.