XMetaL Announcements and Events
Teresa Cheung December 9, 2008 at 1:02 am
[JustSystems] XMetaL Author Enterprise 5.5 Adds MS Windows Vista SupportDecember 9, 2008 at 1:02 amParticipants 2Replies 3Last Activity 11 years, 12 months ago
Dear XMetaL Customer,
We are happy to announce Microsoft Windows Vista support for XMetaL Author Enterprise. We also made a number of usability and customization improvements to XMetaL Author Enterprise and XMAX.
Key New Capabilities for XMetaL Author Enterprise 5.5
- Windows Vista compatibility. XMetaL Author Enterprise is certified to run under Windows Vista with Vista's UAC feature enabled. Moreover, XMetaL Author Enterprise doesn't rely on Vista's “Virtualization” feature to function correctly.
- Limited-user account enabled. XMetaL Author Enterprise is now installed assuming that the software is going to be used from a limited or restricted user account. Previous versions of XMetaL Author Enterprise required that the software be operated from a user account with local-admin privileges.
- Easy-to-access samples. DITA and other XML samples are now accessible directly via a new Help > Samples submenu. On machines with more than one user logged in, samples are preserved on a per-user basis, so each user can experiment with his or her own copy of the samples.
- New APIs. To extend its customizability, XMetaL Author Enterprise gains new APIs, event-macros, and INI switches.
- Third-party components. To increase user options for publishing XML content, XMetaL Author Enterprise embeds the DITA Open Toolkit 188.8.131.52, including version 1.4.1 of the FO plug-in from Idiom Technologies. RenderX XEP 4.12 is also embedded to generate output with XMetaL Enhanced PDF deliverable types.
- Quality improvements and enhancements. XMetaL Author Enterprise addresses a number of customer-requested enhancements, including those related to DITA and non-DITA authoring features.
Like XMetaL Author Enterprise, XMAX has been upgraded to meet customer requests for better usability and customization. XMAX takes advantage of the new APIs as well as the quality improvements and enhancements noted above. XMAX also gains a new view mode, plain text view, which is raw, color-coded text.
Availability and Upgrade Information
XMetaL Author Enterprise 5.5 is available now and XMAX 5.5 will be available December 19, 2008.
XMetaL Author, XMetaL Author DITA Edition and XMetaL Author Enterprise Edition customers who are current on maintenance are eligible for upgrades to XMetaL Author Enterprise 5.5 with no incremental licensing fee. Contact us at [u][email protected][/u].
Customers who are current on maintenance are eligible for upgrades to XMetaL Author Enterprise 5.5. JustSystems is offering promotions of maintenance renewals at discounted prices, as part of this release. For more information on renewing your maintenance, please do not hesitate to contact your local sales representative or send e-mail to [u][email protected] [/u] with questions, concerns or to upgrade today.
JustSystems North America
Toll Free: 1 866 793 1542
Email: [u][email protected][/u]
Phone: +44 (0) 1753 607 650
Email: [u][email protected] [/u]
We appreciate your continued loyalty to XMetaL. We're proud of our rich history in structured authoring and publishing and excited about the powerful innovations we have on the roadmap.
JustSystems XMetaL Product Teamdcramer December 9, 2008 at 2:47 am
Reply to: [JustSystems] XMetaL Author Enterprise 5.5 Adds MS Windows Vista SupportDecember 9, 2008 at 2:47 am
“New APIs. To extend its customizability, XMetaL Author Enterprise gains new APIs, event-macros, and INI switches.”
“XMetaL Author Enterprise addresses a number of customer-requested enhancements, including those related to DITA and non-DITA authoring features.”
Could you provide details about these two items.
DavidSu-Laine Yeo December 11, 2008 at 7:32 pm
Reply to: [JustSystems] XMetaL Author Enterprise 5.5 Adds MS Windows Vista SupportDecember 11, 2008 at 7:32 pm
Sorry it's taken us so long to reply. I'm not sure what happened there. I've attached the Release Notes for 5.5, and the Installation Instructions as well. The Release Notes will, I hope, help to answer your questions. If not, let us know.Su-Laine Yeo December 12, 2008 at 12:12 am
Reply to: [JustSystems] XMetaL Author Enterprise 5.5 Adds MS Windows Vista SupportDecember 12, 2008 at 12:12 am
By the way, we've put release notes for the latest AND past versions of XMetaL here: http://forums.xmetal.com/index.php?topic=108.msg292#msg292
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.