XMetaL Announcements and Events
Susan Le April 5, 2012 at 6:12 pm
[JustSystems] Product Announcement: XMetaL Author Enterprise 7.0 with DITA 1.2April 5, 2012 at 6:12 pmParticipants 1Replies 0Last Activity 9 years ago
XMetaL Author Enterprise 7.0 with DITA 1.2 Support Unveiled
Combined with the power of DITA 1.2, XMetaL Author Enterprise 7.0 expands content reuse potential for authors and ensures that the process of content creation contributes to the timely market release of products worldwide.
VANCOUVER, BC — APRIL 5, 2012 — JustSystems, a worldwide leader in XML and information management technologies, announced today the release of XMetaL Author Enterprise 7.0, the company’s XML-based software for structured authoring and content collaboration.
In version 7.0, XMetaL Author broadens its support for the Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) 1.2 standard and other universal industry standards. XMetaL Author features an enhanced user interface with menus, toolbars, dialog boxes, styling, and editing behaviors that hide DITA complexity and ensure rapid adoption of this important standard. XMetaL also offers a robust and easy-to implement multi-channel publishing solution for DITA.
“XMetaL Author Enterprise 7.0 integrates DITA 1.2’s expanded reuse potential for our customers with an easy-to-use interface” says Tim Groeneveld, JustSystems’ Vice President of Sales.”Our customers will find increased customer satisfaction, increased productivity, and improved quality and accuracy of information documents across the organization.”
Inside the New XMetaL Author Enterprise 7.0
XMetaL Author Enterprise 7.0 allows content creators to efficiently create information that can be repurposed into the languages and formats demanded by content recipients. JustSystems’ customers can combine XMetaL Author Enterprise with virtually any content management and publishing systems of their choice to deliver a solution that can be used by writers and reviewers even without XML knowledge.
The 7.0 release is packed with new features including:
- Support for DITA 1.2 expands content reuse potential for authors with keyrefs that enables content to be defined globally, in a DITA map instead of a topic.
- Create customized content with conref range support, where information in one topic can be inserted in another, without modifying the topic. A conref range lets authors reference a series of elements (steps, bullets, paragraphs, etc.) without having to reference each individual element.
- Generate output to multiple formats including HTML, PDF, ePUB, and Kindle using the DITA Open Toolkit.
- Automated key space management allows authors to manage key space for DITA maps. When authors open a topic, it is automatically assigned a key space.
- Spell Check in Files feature allows authors to perform spell checking in all open documents, all topics in a DITA map, or all files in a directory.
- Find in Files feature allows authors to search for content in all open documents, all topics in a DITA map, or all files in a directory.
- Advanced search capability allows searching for content by regular expressions, sophisticated markup searching, or arbitrary XPath expressions.
- Extensible cross-file capability allows customizers to create custom scripts to be performed as cross-file operations.
- In-place, look-ahead element list XMetaL Assistant enables authors to insert valid elements beyond the current cursor location and look up to three levels ahead in ‘Normal’ view.
- Extensible XMetaL Assistants allows customizers to create special-purpose hover tips and popup dialogs to enhance the authoring experience.
- Attribute Inspector sorting allows authors to order the AI panel alphabetically or use the declaration-order as provided by the DTD.
- Concurrent (or floating) licensing feature permits simultaneous use of XMetaL by one or more users, up to a maximum number of users agreed to at the time of purchase of the software.
- Windows 64-bit compatible
Download the XMetaL Author Enterprise 7.0 datasheet to learn more: [url=http://na.justsystems.com/files/XM_ProdOV_Author_Enterprise.pdf]http://na.justsystems.com/files/XM_ProdOV_Author_Enterprise.pdf[/url]
Pricing and Availability
Parties interested in XMetaL Author Enterprise 7.0 can contact [email protected] for information on pricing. For more information on XMetaL Author Enterprise 7.0, please visit: [url=http://na.justsystems.com/content-xmetal-author]http://na.justsystems.com/content-xmetal-author[/url].
JustSystems is a leading global software provider with three decades of successful innovation in office productivity, information management, and consumer and enterprise software. With over 2,500 customers worldwide, the company is continuing a global expansion strategy based on its XMetaL product line. Major strategic partnerships include IBM, Siemens, and EMC. For more information, visit: [url=http://www.justsystems.com]http://www.justsystems.com[/url].
E: [email protected]
T: 1+ 778-327-6352
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.