XMetaL Announcements and Events
Dave Abustan January 9, 2009 at 6:48 pm
[JustSystems] Jan 21 & 28/09 Webinar: Legacy Conversions Made EasyJanuary 9, 2009 at 6:48 pmParticipants 1Replies 0Last Activity 12 years, 9 months ago
Topic: Realizing the DITA Vision: Legacy Conversions Made Easy
For your convenience, two options to view the live event have been scheduled to accommodate different time zones.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
7:00am PT | 10:00am ET | 3:00pm GMT
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
10:00am PT | 1:00pm ET | 6:00pm GMT
Presenters from Stilo International:
- Les Burnham, Chief Executive Officer
- Marc Speyer, VP, Content Migration Services
DITA has attracted a lot of attention because of the flexibility it offers for re-using and sharing content, but what companies really want to know now is how to overcome the practical challenges of moving across to this new architecture. The successful migration of legacy content is an essential part of this process; however the complexity and costs involved are often underestimated.
JustSystems has invited Les Burnham and Marc Speyer of Stilo International, a JustSystems partner, to talk about a new and simplified approach to migrate legacy documents to DITA and other XML publishing environments. The presenters will review a new online content conversion service that helps take the guesswork out of content conversion projects and simplifies the content migration process. Through a practical demo, the presenters will show how Word and FrameMaker documents can be easily converted to XML through a secure web portal; reducing the time required for content migration and improving the accuracy and quality of the process.
- Gain an understanding of the benefits of online content conversion, as compared to conventional migration services
- Find out the potential for dramatic cost and time savings as documents can be converted individually or batched in thousands with immediate results
- Discover how to achieve high levels of quality and precision when converting your legacy content through extensive content analysis capabilities
- Learn how to accelerate the adoption of XML DITA publishing solutions and achieve rapid ROI
- Understand how XMetaL can be used and integrated into the conversion workflow for final improvements and quality assurance
- View a demo that showcases how to convert legacy Word and FrameMaker documents, using Migrate to XML DITA over the internet, risk free, and at minimal cost
We are presenting at two different times on January 21, 2009 and January 28, 2009, so register for the one that best fits your schedule.
Register at: [url=https://justsystems.webex.com/justsystems/onstage/g.php?p=10&t=m]https://justsystems.webex.com/justsystems/onstage/g.php?p=10&t=m[/url]
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.