General XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum General XMetaL Discussion [java] EXCEPTION: Failed to create image file

• gdgraebner

[java] EXCEPTION: Failed to create image file

Participants 0
    Replies 1
    Last Activity 10 years, 3 months ago

I'm evaluating XMetaL for a client and am having problems generating pdf files.  I get the following error:

transform.fo2xmpdf.xep:

[echo] transform.fo2xmpdf.xep start
    [java] EXCEPTION: Failed to create image file:/C:/Users/Owner/Documents/Work/GEHC/SMOF Study/Service Manuals/Sample/XMetaL/GEHC SM Template/pdf_out/Images/electrical_hazard_label.tif of type null
    [java] EXCEPTION: Failed to create image file:/C:/Users/Owner/Documents/Work/GEHC/SMOF Study/Service Manuals/Sample/XMetaL/GEHC SM Template/pdf_out/Images/heat_hazard_label.tif of type null
    [java] EXCEPTION: Failed to create image file:/C:/Users/Owner/Documents/Work/GEHC/SMOF Study/Service Manuals/Sample/XMetaL/GEHC SM Template/pdf_out/Images/eye_protection_required_label.tif of type null
    [java] Java Result: 1

[echo] transform.fo2xmpdf.xep end

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Glen Graebner

Derek Read

Reply to: [java] EXCEPTION: Failed to create image file

Is it possibly the same issue described here?
    http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dita-users/message/25385

If not, someone would need to see your DITA files in order to try to help troubleshoot the problem that the DITA Open Toolkit or RenderX XEP is having processing them.

One thing you might try, to eliminate any problems with the image files themselves, is to put one of your images into a “normal” location (perhaps inside a

or similar — a basic element that will have been heavily tested). I would also do this in a new file that you create from template (File > New > DITA Topic tab) rather than using the files you are currently using in case there is other content in your files causing problems for the DITA OT. If that works then we can assume the issue is with the DITA markup itself and not the format of the TIF files.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support