General XMetaL Discussion

XMetaL Community Forum General XMetaL Discussion is there a way to change track change insertion color programatically in XMetal?

• achu

is there a way to change track change insertion color programatically in XMetal?

Participants 0
    Replies 1
    Last Activity 11 years, 11 months ago

I want to change insertion color to blue from the macro. I found out that XMAX does provide the API, but not in XMetal author.

XMetal 5.5

Derek Read

Reply to: is there a way to change track change insertion color programatically in XMetal?

There are no APIs for this.

If you can let me know why you need to do this (it is not a scenario I understand the need for) that will help me ask for it as a feature request. In XMetaL Author the idea is to allow the user to decide which colours they wish to display Revision Marking in. This is simply a user display preference (it does not affect the markup if that is your assumption). The reason we expose these settings in XMAX is to allow the person embedding XMAX into their application with a means to provide an interface similar to XMetaL Author that will allow the user make the similar colour choices.

If you feel you must override the user's preferences for some reason the only solution I can think of is to manipulate the Windows Registry to set the keys that store this information before launching XMetaL Author.

The keys that store this information are located here in 6.0:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareSoftQuadXMetaL 6.0Track Changes

That is not something we would officially support, however, if done correctly (only values XMetaL Author recognizes are entered) and it is done before the product is launched I don't see any harm in doing this.

Information on manipulating the Windows Registry from script using Windows Script Host can be found here under the methods RegRead(), RegDelete() and RegWrite():
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/2x3w20xf%28VS.85%29.aspx

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support