XMetaL Tips and Tricks

XMetaL Community Forum XMetaL Tips and Tricks Info: Silently Installing XMetaL Author version 5.1

• Derek Read

Info: Silently Installing XMetaL Author version 5.1

Participants 2
    Replies 3
    Last Activity 13 years, 7 months ago

Product(s):
    XMetaL Author version 5.1

Description:
    The silent installation functionality was broken in the 5.1.1.017 release. Silent installation does work in versions prior to and after that release: versions 2.0 to 5.0 SP1 and version 5.5. See other postings for those versions.

There is no workaround for silently installing the 5.1.1.017 release. Please obtain the 5.5 release or revert to an older release.

georgeflorentine

Reply to: Info: Silently Installing XMetaL Author version 5.1

Derek, wondering if I'm running into this same problem with XMAX. I'm trying to build a silent installer for XMAX 5.1.1.049 but are encountering some problems – I've generated a setup.iss by running the installation once with /r and supplied that parameter to the command line with the /f1 flag as well as a license key with the /z key. But the InstallShield dialog still is displayed (/s is successfully suppressing the splash banner).

Is the silent install broken in this version of XMAX or am I just getting the command line params wrong? I've tried various combinations of: xmforactivex.exe /S /v/qn /f1″c:downloadsxmaxsetup.iss” /z”XMAX51_blah_blah”

thx,

George

Derek Read

Yes, that is correct. Silent installation was broken for XMAX as well.

georgeflorentine

Ok, thx for clarifying that for me. I've started using the XMAX 5.5 kit and the silent install on that works as advertised.

g

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Your Password?

Products
Downloads
Support