XMetaL Tips and Tricks
Su-Laine Yeo February 26, 2009 at 8:35 pm
Info: Making .xml files open in XMetaL by defaultFebruary 26, 2009 at 8:35 pmParticipants 1Replies 0Last Activity 13 years, 7 months ago
When you double-click a .xml file in Windows Explorer or in the Desktop tab of the XMetaL Resource Manager, it might open in a program other than XMetaL. This happens because many different programs are arguably suitable for opening XML files. Microsoft Internet Explorer, in particular, often sets itself as the default application to open .xml files.
To have .xml files open in XMetaL Author by default, do the following:
1) In Windows, open any folder that contains a .xml file.
2) Right-click a .xml file.
3) In the right-click menu, choose Open With > Choose Program.
4) In the Programs list, select XMetaL.
5) Select the “Always use the selected program to open this type of file” checkbox, then click OK.
You might need to repeat this procedure after upgrading Internet Explorer or upgrading XMetaL.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.